Monday, March 9, 2009

post #2


There are so many reasons why I chose this subject! I love hair with a passion, I wake up thinking about hair I live and breathe hair. I chose this subject because I don’t just do it for the money I do it because I like the feeling I get when im styling the hair and I like to make people happy. When people hair looks nice they feel good about their selves and like to be part of that. Hair is so amazing to me u can do anything with hair! I love hair so much I wake up on Saturday mornings just to do hair. Everybody knows that if you don’t have school or work on a Saturday that’s means you sleep late. I chose this subject because I want to find out everything I can about to hair to help better my ignorance about hair and help me learn the history behind hair. See what people don’t understand is that people can tell a lot about you through your hair. Rather its combed or not. the talent to do hair runs in my family. My mom big sister does hair, my mom does hair, my cousin does hair, and I do hair. I feel like it’s up to me to learn everything there is to learn about hair that’s why I chose to research this subject. I was trying do hair when I was only 5 years old. I didn’t really learn how to braid hair rill I was 11 years old and mi learned from watching my mother ! I chose this subject because I want to be able to explain what I learned to the next curious person about hair and how it works. I love hair! I feel everyone should love hair and want to learn about it.

2 comments:

  1. Jasmine,

    This topic is really interesting to me because I've always been fascinated by the way that Black women relate to and style their hair. Your family sounds remarkable and there's something really special about being a part of that. Black hair has meaning and the people who shape hair, shape meaning. Keep it up.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You might also want to check out the following for your post about current events. http://www.theroot.com/views/will-black-salons-survive-recession

    ReplyDelete